A limited number of bursaries will be available for eligible groups for the conference. More details about these will be available soon.
CAIPE student scholarship awards 2016
CAIPE is offering two awards in the form of a Scholarship that will cover expenses* for the winners to attend the All Together Better Health Conference VIII, 6 - 9 September 2016 in Oxford, UK and to share their work with conference delegates both formally and informally. All Together Better Health (ATBH) is the leading global interprofessional practice and education (IPE) conference. The conference brings together providers, health system executives, educators, policymakers, and healthcare industry leaders to advance interprofessionalism locally, regionally and worldwide.
The theme of the conference is Values Based Interprofessional Practice and Education
*Expenses covered (to a maximum of £500 to be supported by receipts): Student Conference fee and 3 nights' accommodation in Oxford.
There are two parts to your application:
Please submit an abstract directly to the All Together Better Health VIII Conference, Oxford as per the conference submission process. See details of this process at atbh8
Please check the criteria regarding submissions carefully.
There is a choice of
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
The overarching theme is Values Based Interprofessional Practice and Education
Sub topics are: (see website for additional details)
- Professionalism, Interprofessionalism and transprofessionalism
- Interprofessional and Values Based Practice in Person-centred care
- Power, conflict and resolution
- Involving and working with service users, carers, families and communities.
- Policy, Strategy and Commissioning
- Global health perspectives
- Technology and technological advances
- Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Innovation, Implementation and Evaluation in interprofessional education in academic and practice settings
- Reflect on your personal experience of interprofessional education and / or A statement about why you would like to go the ATBH VIII conference in collaborative working and highlight how and why you have developed as a result of your interprofessional experiences (500-750 words)
- A statement about why you would like to go the ATBH VIII conference in Oxford and why you think you should be selected and are the right person to be an ambassador for CAIPE at this conference. (250 – 500 words)
Deadline for submission of application: 1 March 2016
All scholarship applications that are accepted by the Oxford Conference Committee (Notifications due by end of March 2016) will then be reviewed by the CAIPE committee and the two Scholarship awards made in time for the early bird registration deadline of 31st May 2016.
- Attend and contribute to the All Together Better Health (ATBH VIII) Conference 6-9 September 2016 in Oxford, UK
- Present and facilitate a discussion about your work at a CAIPE event prior to the conference, e.g. The CAIPE AGM and event on Thursday 16th June 2016
- Write up your experience at the conference for the CAIPE website and other dissemination methods such as newsletters and articles.
- Act as a student ambassador for CAIPE
At the point of application you must be a student studying for a qualification (undergraduate or postgraduate) that is awarded by a UK Higher Education Institution. Part of your study must include elements of interprofessional education and the development of collaborative practice
Criteria for selection
Your application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Abstract accepted by the ATBHVIII conference committee, thus being of sufficient quality to be exposed to an international audience
- demonstrate breadth and depth in your understanding of interprofessional working
- critical reflection, an individual and honest account
- well structured, accurate use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style
- comply with the Part 2 word limit
- be a current CAIPE student member
- What if I have graduated before the conference? (As long as you are a student when you submit your application that is fine)
- Can I join CAIPE as a student member in order to apply for the scholarship? (Yes, as long as you are a paid up member of CAIPE when you submit your application)
- Will I get feedback on my application if I don’t succeed? (We will provide as much feedback as we can although this will depend on the number of applications.)
- Can I get help in the final preparations of my contribution? (Yes, if you like. You will get feedback from your pre conference session at a CAIPE event and CAIPE members will support you)
- Is there one award for Undergraduates and one for Postgraduates? (Yes)
- Will there be an opportunity for support / mentor whilst at the conference. (Yes, there will be a number of CAIPE members at the conference who will be very happy to help should you wish to ask. They will make themselves known to you anyway and are very friendly!)
- Who else from CAIPE will be at the conference? (There will be many delegates at ATBHVIII and many will be CAIPE individual, corporate or student members.)
- What does being an Ambassador mean? (Participating fully in the conference. Being familiar with CAIPE, its aims and objectives, way of operating, the CAIPE website, activities etc so that you can explain what CAIPE is about to other students from different countries. Using your common sense and not letting yourself or the organisation down in anyway.)